With limited employment opportunities, the internship has become the other good thing, especially to fresh graduates. It is a good way of earning hand on skills so that you can be well- equipped for the industry. The County Government of Nyeri has an internship program that aims to offer a learning opportunity to 200 people this financial year. This will be the 3rd batch of interns as the county government aims to offer unemployed graduates the hands-on skills that they need to increase their chances of being employed in the future. For you to stand a chance of being one of the beneficiaries, applying is mandatory. To ensure that you don’t get stranded, here is a quick guide on how to go about it.
By the way, Covid-19 is real
Step by Step Guide on How to Apply for the 2020-2021 County Government of Nyeri Internship Programme
- First of all, log on to the official website of Nyeri county. Click here to be redirected
- Once there, navigate to the Jobs tab to check the available posts and whether you are eligible for the same. You can also click here to download the form containing the available vacancies.
- If you are eligible, it is time to download the application form. To do that, click on the Forms tab.
- Download the Internship Application Form. You can also download it here.
- Print it and then fill in the details
- Combine the filled internship application form together with your academic papers
- Once you have them, please send them to the Secretary of the Nyeri County Public Service Board. Make sure that it is a hard copy. Address your letter to the following address;
NYERI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
KARSON’S PHOTO HOUSE KIMATHI STREET
Who are Eligible to Apply for the County Government of Nyeri Internship Program 2020?
- Ensure that you have graduated not earlier than 2018
- Those who completed their studies between 2018 and 2020, but haven’t graduated due to the Covid-19 pandemic. In this case, ensure that you attach the letter of completion. Your institution will provide this document.
Things to keep in mind during the application
- Ensure that you send your application letter on or before the 28th of July 2020.
- On that day, the time should not be later than 5:00 p.m.
- Don’t forget that it is a hard copy and not a soft copy
- Do not fall for anyone telling you that you have to pay to apply or be shortlisted because the Nyeri County Public Service Board doesn’t charge and shortlists as well as recruits based on merit
- Official communication will only be done through the county website, the above address of these two numbers, 0745342000 and 0733977003. So, proceed with caution when you get information from any other source.
- Unless things change, the previous cohorts’ interns are paid a stipend and the contract usually last for a year
That said and done, the ball is now on your court. If you are not only eligible but also interested, follow the above guide and apply. Previous interns say that it is a great opportunity. Therefore, it worth a shot. All the best as you apply.